Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thanks Hank!

You all have done a great job overwhelming me, and let me tell you why.

I am overwhelmed by all of the generosity that has been shown to me through the support friends, family, acquaintances, and strangers have given to me toward my ministry in Malawi. I am pleased to share that I have raised enough money for my first year in Malawi through many donations, big and small! They are all big in Gods eyes. I am still trying to raise support for my second year since I will only be home for a month next summer, but it is truly amazing that I have made it this far. I cannot thank each of you enough and tell you how thankful I am for every one of my supporters, whether you send money, or are faithfully praying for me. Even with all of the money in the world, I am nothing without Christ. I am nothing without his protection and grace in my life. Your prayers help me greatly and for that I am very thankful.

The process of raising money is humbling. This is not exactly the best time to be handing out hard earned money while the economy is crashing down around us. There have been many times where I have received $10, $50, or even $100 from someone who I know does not have that much to spare. I am so happy that you all can help me serve God and the Malawian people even while you are still in the US.

God has done all that I could have ever asked or imagined, truly he is faithful.
I will be leaving Boca on August 9th to fly to New York. There, I will spend the night with some Many but One gals who will be there the SAME WEEK to dance! I know, amazing accidental timing! The next morning I will be flying to Johannesburg, South Africa then to Lilongwe Malawi. That process will take 2 days so please pray that I don't get too antsy and make anyone mad with my problem of not being able to sit still in a chair with my feet on the floor. I have gotten the evil eye from people who sit in front of me.

Thanks again to everyone who has helped me with supplies, funds, and prayer!
To God be the glory!
I would be lying to myself if I did not throw a "thanks hank" in this e-mail, because it is usually the only way I truly thank people!:-D

Everything that has breath PRAISE THE LORD!

Love,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment